Tuesday 4 August 2015

Retreat in suffolk

Just returned from four lovely pieceful days in Suffolk. We worked out that my friend and I have been going for 22 years and the last 7 years we have been in the same B&B in Kettlebaston. Lynne Edwards came in to see us and showed us her beautiful quilts she has been making over the last year, one a rather nice set of clucky chickens, and a quick cut and cut again method for Churndash.

I  started a honeymoon set of fabrics from Virginia in USA - all in autumnal greens and golds. I managed 64 blocks with the just the last round of logs to go for a Log Cabin with a star in the corners. Plus I started Liz Trenow's Maria's Quilt from The Last Seamstress, designed by Lynne Edwards. I bought some William Morris fabrics last year at the Cosy Cabin in Risby near Bury St Edmunds and I think this will fit Maria's Quilt rather well. If you haven't read the book, or visited this shop, do so! Both brilliant. Below are some of Lynne Edwards' and students work.





Near where we go, there is also a set of barns which includes Corncraft, a really good tea and gift shop, but new this year is a new quilt shop owned by a lovely Czech girl. Also has a vast workroom where she holds classes. I think I need to move to Suffolk!

Now looking forward to FoQ. Off to Birmingham tomorrow for a full day onThursday and a stint on the tote bag tombola for Region 7, and apparently there is a bag with my name on waiting for me on the Traditional Group stand! Not sure what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment